The History of the Delco-Remy Divsion of General Motors
A.K.A. "The Remy Brothers" or "The Remy Electric Company"
1896-1994
Delco-Remy at the Normandy Invasion, June 6, 1944   World War Two Products and Product Applications    The Army-Navy "E" Award   Our War Job

Home  History   The Plants   Plant Photos   Moments in Time  The Products   Product Brochures   Service Manuals   Training Booklets   Video  Employment Numbers   Museums   Sources  Allied Divisions   Revisions   Reunions   Remy Electric Country Club   Vintage Literature about The Remy Electric Company   Links

 

Air Force Museum   America's Packard Museum    Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum   Buick Museum   Chrysler Museum   Gilmore Car Museum   Kansas Aviation Museum   Kokomo Auto Museum   Michigan Firehouse Museum   Missouri Museum of Military History   Museum of Flight   National Automobile and Truck Museum    National Packard Museum   North Carolina Maritime Museum   Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust Allison Branch  RE Olds Transportation Museum   Ropkey Armor Museum   Studebaker Museum   USS Alabama Aviation Museum   War in the Pacific Museum   Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum

Missouri Museum of Military History- Jefferson City, MO
This page added 7-31-2017.


The Missouri Museum of Military History is located adjacent to the Headquarters of the Missouri National Guard just east of Jefferson City, MO.  On the outside is a fine collection of tanks and aircraft.


Inside is a collection of artifacts showing the history of the Missouri National Guard.  Of interest to those interested in Delco-Remy history is the1927 Chrysler staff car in the back of the museum.


The car was discovered at Camp Clark in Nevada, MO, and restored for display in the museum.




The Delco-Remy distributor and DC generator can easily be seen by visitors looking at the engine.


The Delco-Remy Distributor is Model Number 659B, and Serial Number 42396.  Note that the DR Tag shows that the distributor was built during the limited time that DR Anderson controlled the former Dayton Laboratories in Dayton, OH.  In 1929 the Dayton plant became Delco Products Division of GM.


According to the curator of the museum, the vehicle has a second DC generator on the other side of the engine.


The generator is Delco-Remy Model Number 949L and Serial Number 127414.  Note that his also has Dayton, OH on the DR Tag.
 

The inside of the staff car is an excellent restoration. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Delco-Remy at the Normandy Invasion, June 6, 1944   World War Two Products and Product Applications   The Army-Navy "E" Award   Our War Job
Home  History   The Plants   Plant Photos   Moments in Time  The Products   Product Brochures   Service Manuals   Training Booklets   Video  Employment Numbers   Museums   Sources  Allied Divisions   Revisions   Reunions   Remy Electric Country Club   Vintage Literature about The Remy Electric Company   Links

This Website has no affiliation with General Motors, Delphi Holdings, Remy International, or Borg-Warner.  The content is to only present a historical perspective of the plants and products of the former Delco-Remy Division previous to 1994.  All content
presented on this website is for general information only.   Website designed and maintained by David D Jackson.  
Contact:  David D Jackson