Propulsion Systems for Electric Vehicles
Delco-Remy (GM) purchased
the Lovejoy Company in 1927 after being found in violation of Lovejoy's
patents. The shocks were manufactured for two years under DR
management in the Dayton Plant 7 until January 1, 1929 when the operation
in Ohio became Delco Products. That division continued on with shock
absorbers and generators, starters and ignitions that were still being
manufactured in Dayton were moved to Anderson, separating the location and
product lines of the two divisions.
The original Delco-Remy Plant 7 (There would
be three.) as it currently exists in downtown Dayton, OH today.